Sunday, August 24, 2014

33 Before 33

I started this blog around New Year's Day as an alternative to a New Year's resolution.  I'm not big on New Year's resolutions.  In my past experience I tend to set some lofty goal (usually weight loss related), I'm diligent for about two weeks, and then when I realize it is impossible to achieve I give up and feel like crap about myself.

32 before 32 was a great experience.  I had eight months (it was a little rushed because I started in January instead of August) to complete 32 things I wanted to.  I approached it by having a mix prescribed goals to hit and some unexpected ones that came out of where the year took me.  I also had an overarching theme of balance.

What I learned from this experience was that I loved the spontaneous accomplishments more than premeditated ones and that the overarching theme for the year was helpful.  Balance is a life long challenge for all of us and something that I always need to keep in perspective, but for 33 before 33 I've decided a new theme is in order...more on that soon.  I've also decided to not prescribe any specific achievements and to instead see where this year takes me.  33 before 33 here we go.


No comments:

Post a Comment