Sunday, August 10, 2014

27 out of 32: Start Pitching Articles Again

I used to write a lot more often than I do now.  I really miss it and want to go back to it.  I recently took some time to not just write but write with the purpose of sending things out.  I got a good response and even may have an essay published in September/October.

I was nervous because I hadn't been disciplined about it lately and thought I wouldn't remember how to pitch, but it was like riding a bicycle.  I don't want to fall into the bad habit of not keeping up with this so in addition to having to write for 30 minutes everyday, I also have a pitching plan.  I am making sure that each week I take time to craft pieces to send out and find publications to pitch to so I'm sending out four pieces a month.  We'll see what happens and if this leads to more writing opportunities for me, but for now it is just good to be doing something I enjoy again.

Photo by Pedro Simoes

No comments:

Post a Comment