Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Balance

Photo by Nathalie Babineau-Griffiths 

Balance is something that I think everyone struggles with at one point or another.  We have so many different areas of our lives: work, relationships, health and well being.  I constantly struggle with the pendulum swing of feeling like if I'm doing really well in one area then I am doing poorly in the other areas.  

One of my goals is to find a better balance in my life.  I need to sweat the small stuff less and learn that not everything in life is a priority.  I am a type A person who always thinks that I could be doing a better job.  I don't want 2014 to be the year of work success, having the best relationship of my life, or taking a long self reflective journey.  If any or all of those things happy that's gravy, but I want this to be the year of balance.  I want to say no when I'm being asked to take on too much, I want to make time for friends, but feel comfortable saying no to invites when I just need a day to myself, I want to put myself out there and date more, but not stress about finding Mr. Right, and I want to be truly comfortable in my own skin.  That sounds like a lot and perhaps it is, but balance is sort of like your spine: if one vertebrae is out of whack your whole back hurts.  

So let this be my year of balance.  I'm going to focus on each of the areas of my life and give them a little bit of equal attention rather than obsessing over just one of the components that make up me.   

Photo by ga.mike 


No comments:

Post a Comment