Friday, February 28, 2014

8 out of 32: Treat Myself Better

Ending out the month by finishing another thing on my list .  I'm fitting in about 4 things a month which is a good number considering I had about 8 1/2 months when I started.  This averages out to around 4 things a month, so way to keep on track girl.

February was about splurging a bit.  Now by splurging I don't mean throwing all caution to the wind, but I do mean treating myself a bit.  I'm certainly not a tight wad when it comes to money, but I have noticed a pattern in myself over the past few years.  I am so good about spending money on other people: offering to pick up the tab when out with friends, buying treats for co-workers for no reason, etc. These are all nice things to do, but I realize that I do it a bit too often and sometimes for the wrong reason.  I will buy a friend dinner or a drink because he or she spent time with me on a heart to heart conversation.   I realize that turns into paying for someone to be your friend which cheapens the relationship and I'm also not the wealthiest girl.  I'll forfeit buying myself something like new clothes or something I need for the apt because I decided it was a better use of my money to buy a gift for no reason for someone else.

So I wanted February to be about me.  I didn't go crazy but I did allow myself to get some new outfits (size 4/6 thank you very much), have a nice tea at the Plaza with a friend, go out for restaurant week, and get a couple things for the apt.

 I won't have months like this every month, but it is important to remind myself that I'm worth doing nice things for. Now if February was about treating and splurging than March will have quite a different focus.  We're getting down to business now.  Some of these upcoming challenges will be a bit harder, but if it ain't hard it ain't a challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment