Monday, March 17, 2014

9 out of 32: Join a Club

You know that kid in high school and college who seemed to be in EVERY club or org and was president of at least half of them...I was THAT kid.  Even after Grad School I still managed to find ways to be part of clubs.  I joined Meet Up groups when I first moved to NYC and helped out with student organizations when I worked in education.

For the past couple years I haven't really been in any clubs.  I miss the structure, learning something new, and forging a connection with people over a common interest.  I decided I needed to to be part of a club again.  My friend Mary invited me to join her book club and it seemed like the perfect opportunity.

I love reading and this group has very eclectic tastes so I'm looking forward to reading books I never would have picked up otherwise.  I enjoyed our first meeting and I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone better and broaden my literary horizons.

Photo by Tom Belte 

No comments:

Post a Comment