Sunday, March 30, 2014

10 out of 32: Take a Class

I consider myself a life long learner.  I love taking classes for the sake of learning something new.  Not working in higher education or being a graduate student over the past couple years has lead to less opportunities to expand my horizons in those ways.  Time and money are obviously the biggest barrier.

Well no excuses anymore, I started taking some classes on Skillshare.  They are online courses which I tend not to be a fan of since I learn better by listening and doing than I do reading, but I have to say these are great.  They are video courses and you go at your own pace.  You have access to the class for life so I can go back and forward to review.  Prices vary, but the classes I have taken have been under $20 and in a few cases free.

Photo by velkr0 
 I've taken some writing courses and I've also taken a course in something new which will play into at least two more of my 32 before 32 challenges.  Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment