Friday, February 14, 2014

6 out of 32: Carriage Ride Through Central Park

So some of the things I was hoping to do on my list were classic New York things that I can't believe I've never done after living here for what will be seven years this summer.



My friend Elissa was in town for business so she stayed an extra day to hang out with me.  We went to SoHo, had tea at the Plaza, and dinner in Harlem.  I've done all these things, but they were new for her so that was fun.  After we left the Plaza there was a shortage of cabs so we walked over towards Central Park and saw the carriages.  I've never been on a carriage ride in the park and they may get banned because the mayor doesn't think it is kind to the horses.

Elissa decided this was something to do while we could.  So after heckling with Ginny our crazy driver who thought her horse was a unicorn we had a very freezing and beautiful ride through the park.  It is a classic New York thing to do and I'm glad I got to do it with one of my best friends.



No comments:

Post a Comment