Friday, June 13, 2014

16 out of 32: My First LARP

I was never into Dungeons and Dragons or Magic as a kid.  I was a nerd, but a nerd of a different breed.  I have a number of friends who were/are into those games as well as LARPing (Live Action Roll Play).  LARPing isn't something that I thought I would really want to do.  I enjoy Lord of the Rings, but I have no desire to be an Elf and wear a medieval costume for a weekend.

However I recently had the opportunity to go to a LARP that was right up my ally.  I went to a James Bond themed event put on by Aces and Ops.  I love James Bond movies and have always had a fantasy about being a Bond Girl.  I did go a Pussy Galore once for a James Bond themed New Year's Eve party.  But, for this event I got to create my own character.  It was a lot of fun!  I dressed up in cocktail attire, went with some really good friends, and had a blast!  We got to take part in solving a mystery and formed alliances with other characters.

Image by Don Kennedy 
It was a really fun experience.  Okay so maybe I was letting my nerd flag fly a little, but who cares!  I did kick ass in the James Bond trivia round.  I can't wait for the next event!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment